The Alabama Association for Institutional Research (ALAIR) is an organization offering a variety of Professional opportunities for individuals involved in institutional research or related activities in Alabama’s institutions of higher education. ALAIR is affiliated with the Southern Association for Institutional Research (SAIR) and the Association for Institutional Research (AIR).
Membership in ALAIR is open to any person who is actively engaged in institutional research and related functions or who has professional interest in activities related to institutional research including assessment, planning, student records, etc.
ALAIR has three major purposes:
- The advancement of institutional research leading to improved understanding, planning and operation of Alabama institutions of higher education
- The dissemination of information and interchange of ideas on problems of common interest.
- The continued professional development of ALAIR members.
Professional Development through the following:
- Meeting that focus on topics of current interest to members.
- Opportunities to discuss special topics and exchange ideas with colleagues.
- Correspondence, including a newsletter with information on meeting, topics of current interest, proceedings of past meeting and news information on Alabama membership.
ALAIR meets once each year. The annual business meeting is held in conjunction with the conference. The Association also meets during the SAIR and AIR affiliated group meeting sessions.